Provide technical support to improve private forest conservation to financial support and cost share programs offered by the Natural Resources Conservation Service and Working Lands for Wildlife fund that alleviates costs of conservation practices on private lands.
Non-industrial private forest landowners or Tribes who own or rent forestland.
New York landowners of forested lands in
regions of Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Franklin, Clinton, Sullivan, Dutchess,
Orange, Putnum, Weschester, Rockland, and Essex Counties.
Vermont landowners offorested lands within Franklin. Chittenden, Addison. Grand Isle, Rutland and western Lamoille Counties.
Diversity and Abundance
On Your Property
Storage Of Your Property
- Forest Inventory & Management Planning
- Silvicultural Treatment Planning & Implementation
- Non-Commercial Habitat Work
The Ruffed Grouse
Society works to connect private landowners with forest stewardship opportunities intended to benefit forest health and forest dependent wildlife species.
- Forest Management Planning.
- Forest Stand Improvement
- Incorporation of Best Management Practices
- Restoration and Management of Young Forests
- Strategic Tree & Shrub Establishment
Regional Forester Staff Today