Become a conservation leader by promoting the development of Healthy Forests.
Advocate for the health and future of the Abundant Wildlife you support through our mission.
Be the Voice for Conservation Ethic that values and protects our wildlife and natural resources.
News & Updates
- RGS & AWS Shares USFS Nantahala-Pisgah Forest Plan Revision Fact Sheet and Position Statements
- RGS & AWS announces Forest Conservation Director to lead forest wildlife conservation efforts in the southern Appalachians.
- CZ-USA Extends Commitment to Ruffed Grouse Society
- Ruffed Grouse Society & American Woodcock Society Continue Support for Eastern Woodcock Migration Study
- RGS & AWS Address with Ben Jones and Sean Curran
The Spring Issue
Vol. 31 | Issue 1
- Greatest Conservation Need
- A Woodcock Hunt
- Migration Research Update
The Fall 2018 Issue
Vol. 30 | Issue 3
- Remembering the Grouse Hunters
- Leaders in Forest Conservation
- Passing the Torch Forward
The Summer 2018 Issue
Vol. 30 | Issue 2
- A Tale of Tails
- 2017 Annual Report
- Doing Right for our Land
Established in 1961, the Ruffed Grouse Society is North America’s foremost conservation organization dedicated to preserving our sporting traditions by creating healthy forest habitat for ruffed grouse, American woodcock and other wildlife. RGS works with landowners and government agencies to develop critical habitat utilizing scientific management practices.