Directors of Regional Development (2)
Two positions open
- Northeast: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine
- Mid-Atlantic: Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, District of Columbia, and parts of Virginia and West Virginia
Location: Remote or home office centrally within specified geography
Posting Open Date: March 1, 2021
Posting Close Date: April 15, 2021 (or until filled by an exceptional candidate)
RUFFED GROUSE SOCIETY & AMERICAN WOODCOCK SOCIETY
At RGS & AWS, we believe forests are essential, not just for wildlife, but for all life. For sixty years, our foundation has been embedded in the tenets of sound science and the belief that sustainable forest management is integral to wildlife conservation. We envision landscapes of diverse, healthy forests that provide homes for wildlife and opportunities for people to experience them. These same forests clean the air, filter water, and support local communities. Working forests work for wildlife.
We are seeking entrepreneurial leaders to direct business aspects of this endeavor in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions. The directors will work in tandem with the regional Forest Conservation Director in their respective region to scale up RGS & AWS forest conservation programs.
- Professional experience in a development and/or advancement program.
- Business management experience. Degree in sales, marketing, management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate. Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish a home office centrally within the regional service area.
- Willingness to work hours that sometimes extend beyond the typical workday and work week, including travel throughout the region. Valid driver’s license required.
The Director of Regional Development will build a fundraising network that helps fuel RGS & AWS conservation work across the region and nationally. At the core of their responsibilities, the director must:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with donors, companies, and foundations capable of magnifying the RGS & AWS mission through their philanthropic vision.
- Empower volunteers to become conservation leaders, working with chapters that engage a larger network across the region for the purposes of conservation delivery, advocacy, and fundraising.
- Provide strategic insight among the national team and executive staff.
- Manage a relationship-based portfolio of approximately 100 active individual, foundation, and corporate giving prospects.
- Effectively communicate with members, donors, and supporters, keeping them advised of relevant news and success stories.
- Support chapter leadership in growing our community of conservationists and funding the mission of RGS & AWS.
- Host regular “meet and greet” events (in-person and virtual) with RGS & AWS staff and other professionals offering presentations that engage donors, members, and volunteers.
- Build relationships with local media (print and electronic) to publicize RGS & AWS activities and accomplishments.
- Regularly update information in the RGS & AWS customer management database regarding donors, members and corporate partners.
RGS provides each Director with:
Competitive compensation, health insurance, and retirement options; a vehicle (or vehicle stipend) for business travel; a purchasing card for business and travel expenses; personal computer and printer; a cell phone; office supplies and support as needed to excel in their roles.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume combined in a single .pdf file by April 15, 2021 to Careers@ruffedgrousesociety.org using “Northeast RD” or “Mid-Atlantic RD” as the email subject line.