Communications and Marketing Director
Posting Open Date: July 24, 2020
Posting Close Date: August 24, 2020 (or until filled by an exceptional candidate)
RUFFED GROUSE SOCIETY & AMERICAN WOODCOCK SOCIETY
We are seeking an outstanding individual to lead communication programs conveying the importance of forest and wildlife conservation and inspire participants, from grass roots volunteers to corporate sponsors, to engage in our conservation network.
The Ruffed Grouse Society & American Woodcock Society (RGS & AWS) is a national, non-profit group with a 60-year record of forest wildlife conservation.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, media, or similar field with 5 or more years professional experience (senior level management a plus).
- Expertise in communication methods, strategies, and best practices.
- Experience with advocacy-based communications and brand marketing.
- Success building holistic programs that fully utilize channels from print to social media for successful communications and marketing.
- Experience leading the communication aspects of fundraising campaigns.
- Experience cultivating relationships with senior level executives, Board of Trustees, Board of Directors and national media contacts.
- Working knowledge of communication practices best suited to a decentralized organization.
- Ability to anticipate communication issues and mitigate for them.
- Excellent writing, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- A practical understanding of forest and wildlife conservation.
- Strong commitment to the mission, goals, and values of RGS & AWS.
The Communications and Marketing Director is a key member of the management team, leading aspects of outreach, member relations, and advocacy.
The Director will build a communication culture where RGS & AWS staff and supporters notice, create, and capitalize on communication opportunities.
The Director will take RGS & AWS from an organization that carries on meaningful work without notice to an organization recognizable as a dynamic conservation player.
Specifically, the Director will:
- Develop short and long-term communications strategies.
- Provide direction on impactful ways to communicate our conservation work.
- Keep membership informed, increasing the sense of community among members and supporters.
- Create social media strategies to engage current members and attract new ones.
- Enact digital and print strategies that strengthen the RGS & AWS brand and elevate our visibility in the conservation community.
- Drive marketing and communication for fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinate outside media, public relations, press releases, and social media.
- Oversee contracted services, including negotiations, vendor deadlines, and completion of deliverables.
- Create and work within a communications and marketing program budget.
- Create pitch materials for various outreach and fundraising campaigns.
- Communicate campaigns across channels that reach and motivate supporters, both new and existing.
Competitive salary, health insurance, and retirement options. A vehicle (or vehicle stipend) to meet business travel needs. A purchasing card for business and travel expenses. Computer, printer, cell phone, office supplies. Training and support as needed to excel.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter and resume combined in a single .pdf file by August 24, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Communications Director” as the email subject line.