- This event has passed.
Grand Rapids & West Michigan Lakeshore Chapters Habitat Work Day
April 23 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Otto-White River Area Project
Come put boots on the ground and be a part of a work day to help build healthy forests and abundant wildlife. This work day is open to all ages, and will involve planting barefoot fruit-bearing trees and shrubs. Also clearing of hunter access foot trails. Tools to bring: shovels, 5 gallon buckets, pruning saws & cutters, gloves, folding chairs.
The plan is to begin work at 10 am. More hands lighten the work load. We are partnering with the “Huron Manistee NF”. Snacks, beverages, and a lunch will be supplied by the Grand Rapids Chapter. Let us know how many can help so we can estimate the food we will need.
People wishing to help should meet at the
Meeting Site at 9:30 am
10 miles northeast of Whitehall, MI
Please be prompt, as we will be caravanning to the project site.
Work Begins at 10 am
Meeting Site Directions from Grand Rapids:
– Take I-96 West toward Muskegon.
– Take Exit 121, Russell Rd. Go North on Russell Rd.
– In approximately 10 miles, turn left on Fruitvale Rd.
– After traveling .7 miles, turn right on Skeels Rd.
– RGS meeting site in about .25 miles on Skeels Rd.
– Also: site is close to house address: 185 Skeels Rd.
For additional information and to RSVP please contact Kevin or Brandon